Builders, specialist installers, design professionals and more
Ecofurb offers you impartial advice on how to make your home energy efficient, and can arrange for you to receive quotes.
The contractors we work with are local businesses and tradespeople, and are members of our cooperative. So you can choose who you want to work with, knowing they have been vetted in advance.
Why use our cooperative of contractors?
Our contractors are good and offer fair prices: we independently check them and their work.
All the businesses and tradespeople who become a member of our cooperative are vetted and agree to our standards. Our model of working means that their prices and works are checked by Ecofurb Coordinators. Our coordinators provide advice to you, and they are independent of the contractors.
Your Ecofurb Coordinator can choose the member contractors who have the skills most suited to your project, and get you up to three quotes. Working with Ecofurb takes the frustration and hard work out of finding and comparing quotes, while still offering you alternatives. We present you with quotes from reliable businesses in a way that you can easily compare, so you can choose the contractors you want to do the work.
You can have more peace of mind as Ecofurb oversees the work to make sure it meets standards and the agreed specification. Payment, or the balance, will only be due once your independent Ecofurb Coordinator has checked and signed off the works. On larger projects, any deposit and/or interim payments will be checked as fair by your Coordinator and clearly communicated and agreed with you up front.
If you want to know more you might be interested in reading about our development.
What standards do we work to?
Ecofurb is designed to give you peace of mind: a qualified Retrofit Coordinator, who is independent of the Contractor, will sign-off on your project once completed. As we provide quality control on their work, we need to be confident that we are working with the best SMEs, who consistantly work to high standards.
- We have vetted all our member contractors against financial, health and safety and insurance criteria, so that you don’t have to.
- Many of our contractors are TrustMark registered. Trustmark is the Govenrment Endorsed Qulity Scheme to cover work done in or around your home.
- Many of our contractors are certified by MCS (for low carbon technology products and installers) or to BSI Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 2030:2019 (a government standard for contractors carrying out energy efficiency works to homes).
- We can fully follow the government BSI PAS2035 framework for retrofit projects when requested, or needed for a grant application. This involves some extra steps which is likely to be reflected in the cost of the specification and works.
- Your contractor will make sure you understand your manufacturer and product warranties and will flag if registration is needed. All installations have a minimum of one-year workmanship guarantee from the contractor. For insulation systems, you’ll be advised to invest in an insurance backed guarantee valid for 25 years.